Seniors (12th grade students) must continue to maintain a passing average in classes and regents, as well as monitor their behavior and responsibilities.
There are many activities involved in senior year to celebrate your last year of high school, but some activities have fees:
- Senior Dues include: graduation, yearbook, senior t-shirt, cap and gown - $110 DUE February 28th
- Senior Prom - Terrace on the Park on Friday, June 2nd from 7pm-12am - $120 DUE March 31st
- Senior Trip - estimated $130-$220 (still to be determined)
- Senior Hoodie - price depending on personalization on the back - $32-$49 DUE January 13th
- Senior Spirit Week - Themed days with different dress attire. These photos are included in the yearbook. - November, 2022
- Senior Class Photo - in the gymnasium with senior t-shirt - Still to be Determined
- Senior Graduation and Yearbook Portraits - photos are taken at school for the yearbook. - $15 cash to the photographer on appointment dates: January 18, 19, 20th
- You can also make an appointment with Continental Studios at (718) 268-2870. They are located at 103-03 Metropolitan Avenue, Forest Hills, NY 11375.
- Senior Dance - An event created by the Senior Committee to gather together and celebrate senior year. - $2pp for Seniors Only! - Friday, January 20th.
GRADUATION WILL BE AT NEWCOMERS HIGH SCHOOL on June 27th in the afternoon. More details to follow.
Seniors will receive their cap, gown, and stole a few days before graduation. However, this does not mean you are graduating until you are officially certified by your counselor and principal upon receiving all your credits.
Questions can be directed to Ms. Jolley at (718) 937-6005 or email.
The senior prom is a formal celebration for the graduating students. It includes a formal dinner, music, dancing, a short presentation and lasting memories. The students are expected to dress formal (dress or suit).
Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
Location: Terrace on the Park at 52-11 11th Street, Queens, NY 11368.
Tickets: $120; money order only or CASH is acceptable.
Deadline to pay: March 31st
The graduation is the ceremony for the graduating seniors that certifies the completion of credits to earn their diploma.
Date: Tuesday, June 27th
Location: Newcomers High School Auditorium
Tickets: Students will complete a survey to request tickets. We will try our best to accommodate everyone.
Rehearsal/Practice: Graduation rehearsal/practice will be held at Newcomers High School. Dates and time will be announced later. It's usually the week before graduation. Students will receive their graduation cap and gown and tickets at graduation rehearsal.
Senior Dues Payment Deadline: covers graduation. Be sure to pay $110 by February 28th